- If you have a flat file as a source and it is ftped from other systems.. at the time of ftp if it got failed then your jobs also fail.
- If source data is not correct means not in correct format.
- Database deadlock (One or more process accessing data at the same time)
- Database server down
- Taking care of the Mapping parameter and mapping variable file name
- While importing the Test Environment into Production some of the Reusable
maps gets invalidate.
- Most issues come back to quality of
the design, quality of the code and complexity of the solution. How
good were your test cases? Did you do peer code reviews? How many
disparate systems are you pulling from? etc.
- Error due to dependency of jobs runnning simultaneously.
- Develop new or maintain existing Informatica mappings and workflows based on specifications.
- Familiarity with administrative tasks within Informatica platform such as stopping/starting Informatica Repository and Server processes, performing code migration, backup and restore of Informatica Repository, and security administration.
- Participate in cross-functional efforts to support other teams ** such as ETL and database tuning to support Business Objects reporting performance.
- Sharing knowledge by effectively documenting work.
- Session Recovery Procedures.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and critical issues and to drive those to successful resolution
- Provide daily production support of batches and system processes.
- Produce weekly status report and participate in team meetings and conference calls with other region.
Minnu's Blog on Informatica & Data warehouse concepts
Friday, July 13, 2007
Posted by minnu at 4:50 AM